Perhaps you don’t want to believe it, but how you dress plays an integral part in your image as a businesswoman as perceived by your colleagues. Therefore, it is important to know the basic rules of power dressing.
If you want to get one step closer to that perfect job, you had better dress to impress!
Tips for power dressing.
Before going for an interview you may want to consider researching your prospective company’s corporate culture.
Keep the following in mind when going for an interview or important meeting:
- Clothes you wear to an interview or meeting should be slightly more conservative than everyday work clothes
- Wear classic styles; tailored suits give the impression of authority and credibility
- Your clothes should never be too big or too small, but should fit immaculately
- Make sure that your underwear doesn’t show, whether panty lines or bra straps
- Don’t wear sexy outfits
- Wear an outfit in which you feel comfortable
- Wear black, grey or navy outfits when meeting with your opponents as these colours indicate power
- Make-up should be worn in such a way that it accentuates your features
- Make sure that your hair looks neat
- Don’t wear too much perfume, only a little bit is necessary